Data Policy & Governance Analyst - Fixed Term to 31 July 2019
HESA exists to advance education by collecting, analysing and disseminating data about the UK higher education sector. This is a really exciting time to join HESA as we continue our transformation with the strategic aim to be the analytical powerhouse for the UK higher education sector.
We are looking for a capable and thoughtful individual to take on the role of Data Policy and Governance Analyst on a fixed term contract until 31 July 2019. In this role you will undertake a range of business functions around HESA’s core data collection process, including stakeholder engagement and support. Additionally you will:
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of HESA’s records and systems, including the specification of data collections.
- Contribute to provision of a 'helpdesk’ service; ensuring understanding of data specifications, giving guidance on data reporting processes, often conveying quite complex information, ensuring adherence to data collection schedules, and supporting progress during the collection, quality assurance and delivery process thereby contributing to an efficient data collection service.
- Analyse data collected to inform and support decision-making on both future developments and onward use of data.
- Get involved in the gathering, investigation and analysis of new requirements for information that could potentially be met from HESA records.
- Build relationships across all areas of the Agency, and with its customers and subscribers.
You will be educated to degree level, or have relevant work experience. Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Excel, ability to convey information clearly both orally and in writing and use of initiative are essential. Full details of this role are on the HESA website.
HESA’s bright and modern offices are right in the heart of Cheltenham, situated on the Promenade - the proximity to the shops, cafes and bars make this an attractive location and provide opportunities for socialising. The salary range for this post is £22k - £30k. We offer an attractive package with initially 22 days leave, increasing to 27 days, plus bank holidays and extra Agency shutdown at Christmas; flexible working; pension scheme; and occupational health support.
Full documentation for this role, together with application and diversity monitoring forms are available from our website. Application forms, accompanied by a covering letter, should be received by the Agency no later than midday on Tuesday 30 May 2017 and should be sent to Human Resources, Higher Education Statistics Agency, 95 Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 1HZ. It is planned that interviews will be held in the week commencing 12 June 2017.