Senior Bridge Engineer
The chief requirements are the ability to produce high quality solutions for bridge projects, and to be able to apply engineering knowledge and principles to devise innovative solutions to design and assessment challenge.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running and development of the new team and the development/ mentoring of staff. You will manage and ensure the technical delivery of schemes from inception through to handover of the completed scheme to the client.
Role will include:
1. Preparation, supervision and checking of:
- Documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments;
- Structural assessment calculations and reports
- Scheme feasibility studies;
- Scheme designs and drawings;
- Outline cost estimates;
2. Interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams;
3. Ensuring that quality procedures are implemented and maintained;
4. Project, programme and financial management;
5. Supporting the day-to-day running of a team and the development/mentoring of staff to effectively deliver projects
6. Developing new opportunities and bidding.
7. Client liaison and reporting.
8. The position is predominantly office based but some travel may be required occasionally for site visits, inspections, or to attend meetings.
Applicants must be Chartered Civil or Structural Engineers with extensive post professional qualification experience. The requirements of the position include the following:
1. Excellent communication, report writing, and interpersonal skills.
2. Proven ability in rail bridge design, maintenance and assessment with ability to develop others.
3. Experience of leading graduate engineers/technicians
4. Experience of using:
- Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) in relation to structures
- Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) in relation to structures
- Eurocodes and their application to bridge design
- Network Rail assessment codes
- Design or assessment of steel, reinforced and prestressed concrete bridges grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages such as LUSAS, Superstress.
5. Ability to supervise, prepare, check, and review technical reports.
6. A full clean driving licence would be ideal.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.