Procurement Category Manager
Two roles for Category Managers - IT and Asset Management
Category Managers required for IT and Asset Management
Your new company
One of the Uk's leading public sector organisations with an ambitious development programme
Your new role
- To support the Head of Procurement to create organisational excellence in procurement and purchasing.
- To develop and lead a specific strategic sourcing programme for defined categories, taking the lead on specific/allocated portfolio of sourcing categories, and contributing significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets.
- To ensure contract compliance, pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key markets.
- To meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
- Senior level stakeholder engagement to support and drive the strategic direction of the organization.
- To develop, motivate and manage the Category Specialists across a diverse spend portfolio, in accordance with agreed strategies and processes to optimise procurement spend.
What you'll need to succeed
- Senior specialist commercial / industry experience in purchasing and supply in a senior management role.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Significant and advanced procurement knowledge comprising: advanced negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain theory, persuading and influencing and interpersonal skills, contract law and dispute resolution, statistical and data analysis skills, knowledge of market areas related to specific work categories, finance and leasing knowledge, business development and marketing plans, business accounting.
- EC Procurement Directives - implements and monitors policies and procedures relating to European law.
- Category knowledge within the market managed, in all aspects of the market, which also requires engineering knowledge, product knowledge, manufacturing processes, supply chain.