Newcastle United Foundation is an independent charity supported by Newcastle United Football Club. Our work would not be possible without our team of dedicated staff who, every day, inspire children, young people and families to achieve their goals through football.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join the Foundation at a key point in our development. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for supporting the organisation’s finance function and working with colleagues across all areas of the charity. With exciting plans for a new capital project, this new role at the Foundation has excellent progression and training opportunities.
The successful candidate will be AAT Level 3 qualified or be qualified by experience. They will also have proven experience in a similar role. The job would be well-suited to someone who is looking to move into a role where their skills will make a meaningful impact on a well-established regional charity.
- Sales invoicing and credit control
- Purchase order system management, including looking after the purchase ledger
- Cashbook management, including daily banking
- Bank reconciliations
- Assisting with the month end accounts process including preparing and posting monthly accruals and other journals to the Chorus accounts system
- Preparing supplier payments for authorisation
- Administration of the Fixed Asset Register
- Managing petty cash
- Additional project work alongside the Finance Manager
- Assisting with reports to funding bodies
- Preparing financial information (essential)
- Working in an accounts role in any sector (essential)
- Working for or with charities (desired)
- Working in growing medium sized companies (desired)
- Experience of construction/property development (desired)
The role is for 25 hours per week, working pattern to be agreed in advance