Business Development Manager
Uncapped Commission (OTE £55k) + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity for a unique individual with an interest in technology and a proven track record specifying and selling technical solutions has arisen to join our successful team as a Business Development Manager.
Our client are a market-leading supplier of IT infrastructure solutions and managed services, specialising in cloud, network infrastructure, data centre, and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations, and other service providers. Established for over 25 years with a £5M turnover, the company has a record of sustained growth and is currently experiencing further rapid expansion.
The successful candidate will be expected to generate new name business opportunities and manage/develop existing accounts, demonstrating an exceptional ability to quickly understand and recommend the correct solution for each business requirement, whilst adhering to the prescribed company sales practices, procedures and performance targets.
Roles, Responsibilities, & Expectations will include (but not be limited to):
- Fostering a customer centric approach and developing superior supplier relationships
- Generation of new name business through the intelligent application of direct prospecting and networking techniques
- Ongoing management & development of existing accounts including handling enquiries and customer complaints
- Maximising revenue and opportunity from new and existing opportunities
- Undertaking networking, email and phone campaigns, face to face meetings and presentations
- Placing significant value on all opportunities, ensuring each is personally handled with a sense of importance using appropriate supporting resources in a proficient and timely manner
- Accurately capturing and understanding existing and prospective customer requirements, engaging internal and external sales, procurement, provisioning and technical resources and developing a fit for purpose solution with commercial awareness
- Generating accurate and timely quotations/proposals, producing where necessary formal written response to tenders, RFP's etc.
- Following up on quotations and proposals
- Achievement of hard and soft monthly, quarterly and annual targets