Teacher of Health & Social Care Maternity Cover
Teacher of Health & Social Care | Inner London Pay Scale - MPS/UPS | 1 Year Fix term contract (maternity)
Teacher of Health and Social Care
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale - MPS/UPS
Start Date: September 2017
Contract Type: 1 Year Fixed-term Contract (Maternity Cover)
Success - academic, community, organisational and spiritual - are the best words to describe what is happening at Bishop Challoner
We seek to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Teacher of Health and Social Care to join an outstanding department.
We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
Health and Social Care is a popular subject at Bishop Challoner, attracting high numbers at Level 2 and Level 3 BTEC. However, we are not complacent - working with a team of passionate and dedicated practitioners, you will contribute to the development of a faculty on the journey to becoming outstanding.
You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
OFSTED, April 2014 -"In this high performing school, students make rapid progress and reach high standards in many subjects"
"Leaders and managers at all levels, provide the drive and ambition needed to ensure that this wonderful school continually improves"
We are looking for professionals with:
* Evidence of excellent classroom practice - good and outstanding practice only
* High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
* Good organisation and communication skills
* Support of our Christian Ethos
* An established and comprehensive induction programme
* A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
* Outstanding exam results across the federation, with non-core subjects genuinely valued
* A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
* A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
* A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
If you have the passion and drive to contribute to the future development of Health and Social Care at Bishop Challoner, we look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply:
To apply please request an application pack from Steven Jackson at , or you can contact Steve on for further information. Your application is a direct application to Bishop Challoner, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments
Closing Date: 12 noon on Tuesday 23rd May 2017
Interview Date: 24th - 26th May 2017
You can also visit www.bishop-learningvillage.towerhamlets.sch.uk for more information.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Steven Jackson c/o Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools
352 Commercial Road, London, E1 0LB