Part Time Senior Tax Manager
Cambridge, United Kingdom - Our client, a prestigious employer in Cambridge, is seeking to recruit a Part Time Senior Tax Manager due to a recent restructure.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Part Time Senior Tax Manager will be responsible for all taxation matters including both compliance and advisory. The successful candidate will be responsible for all taxes and must therefore have a broad technical knowledge, coupled with strong research skills.
Working closely with non-finance & non-tax colleagues, you will have the ability to communicate complex tax matters in a clear manner.
Key responsibilities will include;
• Working closely with financial and operational management across the business in the provision of a proactive “in house” general tax advisory service, across the direct and indirect corporate and employment tax spectrum, in support of group wide operations.
• Maximising and delivering “value adding” tax mitigation opportunities in the UK and overseas which do not compromise the group’s good standing and lower risk rating with the relevant tax authorities.
• By working closely with the business, provide proactive tax advice in respect of operational and strategic decisions which maximises value for the group in the long term (including M&A activity).
• Co-ordinating the provision of an effective tax compliance control framework designed to ensure the robust, timely and accurate delivery of recurring tax reporting obligations.
• Co-ordinating and managing the relationship with our external professional advisors in their preparation of corporation tax computations, and supplementary specialist advisory services, for group companies in the UK and overseas.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone currently working in profession in a Manager/Senior Manager role, who is looking to achieve a better work/life balance, although candidates already working in Industry & Commerce in an "in-house" tax role would also be desirable.
The successful candidate will be a qualified chartered tax advisor (or equivalent) and have extensive post qualification experience as a dedicated tax advisor.