Diary Specialist - £19-21k
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Sales Delivery & Customer Focus
- To ensure all enquiries are responded to at the point of enquiry through live quoting, providing a prompt and efficient customer journey at the initial outset
- To be confident with the standard to completing 3rd party online enquiries via the various channels used such as CVENT, StarCite, Venue Directory etc. To be creative in response information, generating excitement in the response offered via the various online site
- To be proficient at capturing the key information required during the enquiry handling process, through the use of excellent questioning techniques, ensuring that the information gathered allows us to source an appropriate diary fit at the desired location
- To be passionate in converting shortlead business and have the tenacity to convert the on the initial call through effective sales techniques
- To ensure all enquiries are given a confirmation or release deadline of 24-48hours to ensure revenue optimisation within the 28 day booking period. To be confident in applying deadlines to clients in order to achieve this
- To communicate any lost/TD business along with specific business reasons to line manager for final authorisation to ensure no opportunity is lost
- To ensure all bookings taken the previous day are reviewed for accuracy and quality. In addition to be fully prepared to discuss they key information captured at enquiry stage during daily team catch up's of business handled.
- To be personally responsible for following up on all enquiries and ensuring all chase activities are completed within the timeframe agreed and relevant to the shortlead process
- To demonstrate sound quality updates in each enquiry.
- To be actively engaged and involved in, team/departmental conversion days working towards specific growth targets driving a specific focus as directed by line manager
- To manage and prioritise workloads to ensure tasks are completed, ensuring to engage with both colleagues and TL for support where required
- To regular review WIN plan with line manager ensuring clear personal/business performance objectives are defined for the month/quarter and take personal accountability for driving the achievement of these actions/targets
- To ensure any complaints are handled in the appropriate manner and escalated to the relevant level of management inline with department processes
- To ensure system entry level standards meet company standards and to personally review own errors highlighted on cleaning reports in order to maintain a clean system that provides accurate data for reporting by the management team
- To be proficient in the use of departmental systems, such as Sales Force, Delphi, Opera, HR Select, along with all other 3rd party websites
- To conduct a weekly / bi-weekly update call with your property champion and provide relevant updates
- To actively increase product knowledge of the portfolio through various avenues ensuring personal accountability to support in selling the overall experience at each property
- To be in attendance at a minimum of 6 FAM trips per annum and to be personal responsible for a specific property or properties within the collection.
- To actively promote the company in a professional manner at all times, including the attendance at client events, networking and FAM visits as required.
- To present a professional image at all times - verbal, written and face-to-face.
- To attend internal meetings and represent the team and venues where appropriate.
Learning and Development
- To attend and contribute to (or deliver) regular value added learning and development sessions carried out by your HOD or specialist within the business to support both business performance and personal learning.
- To ensure you perform your daily duties in accordance with the trained and communicated standards and lead by example in developing a customer focused engaging service driven hospitality offering to our guests and internal colleagues
- Take an active role in enhancing and taking ownership for your own continuous personal development.
Health & Safety
- To ensure that the Company Health & Safety procedures are adhered to and implemented within the department.
- To be aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work and ensure that all legal requirements are met including: licensing, health & safety at work, COSHH, environmental health, fire precautions, manual handling and any other relevant policies.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, it is not always possible to get back to you within 24 hours. However, your application will be reviewed by a Consultant as quickly as possible and if you are shortlisted we will aim to call you within two working days.
If you do not receive a call please do not be despondent. Typically only one candidate can be successful per role! Please apply for any future roles in the same way. Good luck!