We currently have a role available for a candidate to join our team as an Accountants Assistant and Payroll Administrator. The position is for someone to support the firm’s accountants with preparing accounts for a range of different clients and to oversee the payroll that we process for the clients.
We currently have over 100 payroll clients, so management skills are a must. The role could suit someone looking to start a career within accountancy or alternatively someone to progress within the industry.
The candidate will eventually have the full responsibility of managing certain clients and the workflow for those clients.
The role will include:
• Collating and sorting client records to prepare accounts.
• Dealing with clients to make sure deadlines are met.
• Processing the payroll and submitting to HMRC on a weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis.
• Liaising with clients in relation to staff hours, leavers, new starters etc.
• Advising clients of changes to legislation such as Minimum wage increases and Auto Enrolment.
• Managing clients Auto Enrolment requirements.
• Ongoing additional work within the firm, such as bookkeeping.
We are looking for:
• Experience is an advantage but not necessary - training will be provided.
• A general understanding of payroll.
• Good IT Skills to include Microsoft office, especially Excel.
• Knowledge of payroll and accountancy software a bonus.
• Good management skills.
• Good communication skills.
Salary is dependant on experience - it will range from £15,000 to £20,500.
FRS strives to be an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to treating all applicants alike. FRS does not treat any individual on grounds of sex, age, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or membership or non-membership of a trade union, less favourably than others. All vacancies advertised are open to all ages.