Facilities and General Office Assistant (GR49/LDS/NBJ/2)
Please note that this vacancy will close early if sufficient applications are received.
File Dynamics Ltd is an outsource services company providing IT, HR, Accounts and Office Services and business process and file management solutions, supporting over 2000 end users across the country, predominantly in the legal, insurance and healthcare sectors. Having adopted Investor in People principles we have a clear focus on development of our people to deliver a high-quality professional service in a cost-effective and approachable manner.
Our solutions are built around our in-house file management system with integrated Business and Client Portals, automated business process software and associated scanning and telephony applications. Our Facilities team keep our offices running smoothly and in good repair; and also assist the Facilities teams based at our other offices around the country.
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and practical person to fulfil the role of Facilities and General Office Assistant at our Leeds office. You will be assisting the Senior Facilities and General Office Assistant in providing facilities and other office support services to the Leeds office, and will primarily work on the general office tasks.
You will report through a local Senior Facilities and General Office Assistant to a local manager. You will also liaise with and be supported by the Facilities Manager and Central Services Manager in Bristol for services and duties relevant to their area that you help to deliver.
On a full time basis, you will work a seven hour day, 35 hours a week Monday to Friday. This is on a rotational shift basis, between the hours of 7.30am - 6.30pm. Please note that the nature of the work will require some flexibility, both during the week and very occasionally at weekends. We may also consider applicants on a part time job share basis covering one of the following shifts daily; 7.30am - 1pm or 1pm - 6.30pm, dependant on receipt of suitable applications from candidates prepared to also work on the same basis and on the opposite job share shift.
Duties and responsibilities
• To assist the Senior Facilities and General Office Assistant in providing facilities and general office services efficiently to meet or exceed all Service Level Agreements;
• To cover for the Senior Facilities and General Office Assistant when they are absent;
• To perform such tasks in relation to the services provided by General Office and Facilities as required, including:
• Facilities-related work and or the use of the building by contractors, for e.g. the access system/arrangements, inductions, car parking, unlock/ lock up, desk moves, new starter equipment etc.;
• To ensure administrative and general office tasks are processed within the timescale required, for e.g. to receive and process hand delivered and couriered mail, to dispatch any locally printed mail by appropriate means, checking/ordering stationery, distribution of emails and faxes and collating any requests for, printing and distributing cheques from accounts, etc.;
• To answer and accurately place incoming telephone calls;
• To greet callers who ring the doorbell/intercom and limited reception duties;
• To assist the Bristol based Facilities Management, Central Services Manager, Health & Safety Manager & Occupational Health as required with any matter relating to the Leeds office.
This is an exciting opportunity for those that are looking to take their first step in a career within facilities.
Skills required/Key competencies
The ideal candidate will be practical, service orientated, have good telephone manner and be able to communicate well in writing and verbally. You will have good organisational skills, including attention to detail, and have the self-motivation and initiative to work on your own and take responsibility for facilities tasks when the senior member of the team is absent.
Previous administration experience in an office environment, undertaking similar duties to those outlined and dealing with service providers and contractors is desirable. However, good customer service and a practical aptitude are equally important and consideration will be given to candidates who can demonstrate other practical skills relevant to the role and common sense.
In addition you will be used to dealing with sensitive and confidential issues. Experience of dealing with basic Health & Safety issues is desirable but not essential.
Please evidence in your covering letter why you wish to be considered for this role and what skills and experience makes you an ideal candidate for this role.
A good standard of education including Maths and English GCSE or equivalent.
Why Join us?
We positively encourage our staff to progress and develop within the Company. We recognise that our continued growth and success is the direct result of our staff’s contributions and we want to help you exceed the needs of relevant CPD requirements, regardless of the role.
Our wide range of benefits include a generous holiday entitlement, flexible benefits (including pension, childcare vouchers, bikes for work and health screening), bonus scheme and development opportunities. We have an active social committee and support various charities/fundraising events across the UK.
File Dynamics prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to and realises the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
Please note that any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory credit check and Basic criminal record check. This information will only be used to assess suitability for employment insofar as it is relevant.
Please state on your cover letter whether you wish to apply for full time or part time hours.