Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer
Job title: Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer
Salary: £40K - £50K
Ready for a new challenge?
Why not join an award winning civil, geotechnical and structural consultancy.
We have opportunities at our Guildford office for highly experienced Geotechnical Design Engineers to develop their skills and work on projects in the over-ground and underground rail sector, heavy civil infrastructure, commercial development, underground structures and all forms of underground space.
We undertake many projects that are solely geotechnical commissions and are led by our Senior Engineers. Other projects are collaborative with our civil and structural groups and we encourage and challenge use of their wider skills to design the structural elements that form geotechnical solutions.
1. Proficient in foundation and retaining wall design, temporary works, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations.
2. Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications in slope stability, earthworks and retaining structures particularly in the rail environment.
3. Have a proven track record of achievements in technical, commercial and project management whilst working in a fast moving engineering consultancy environment.
4. Preparation of technical documentation, contract documents and fee estimates.
5. Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
6. Ability to communicate effectively with Clients and gain a good understanding of their sector to foster effective and enduring relationships.
7. Ability to manage a challenging workload.
8. A team player with a mature approach including first class inter-personal skills
9. Proactive in developing themselves and team members to full potential by promoting Continuous Professional Development.
Ideal candidates will have the following credentials:
1. A degree (minimum 2:1) in civil engineering.
2. Extensive relevant UK project geotechnical design engineering experience.
3. A Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.