Data Science Engineer
Data Science Engineer
To £70,000 + bonus & extensive benefits
- Data Science Engineer - cutting-edge innovation group within fast-growing business
- Based in Holborn, London WC1V 6EU
Our client is seeking a Data Science Engineer with strong technical and analytical skills to join one of their flagship digital brands based from their vibrant central London office. You will join a lean product team which will primarily focus on new business and technology opportunities.
This new team will be at the cutting edge of product development within the organisation with the goal of launching new products that drive revenue growth, bringing start-up-like innovation into their global enterprise.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working within data analytics, with provable solutions and implementation skills as well as show a high level of organisation and clarity of communication to ensure that requirements are fully understood by the delivery team.
The ideal candidate will be a cross-functional Data Engineer with analytics/machine learning experience. The role will champion data driven decision making and experimental rigour, verifying the viability of ideas regarding data and data analytics as well as originating and driving forward ideas based on data.
This candidate will be equally comfortable working with and implementing low-level algorithms and machine learning techniques as well as joining the dots at high level to enable strategic and tactical consideration of new and emerging opportunities.
Experience and Education:
- BSc or MSc in computer science, mathematics, statistics or quantitative methods (or equivalent years' experience)
- Strong interest in applied modelling, analytics and machine learning
- Experience of working in a research or innovation environment a plus
- Design complex, data-rich solutions that support data driven workflows and decisions.
- Work with the team to understand user goals and requirements alongside global stakeholders and customers
- Implement, operate and own a data analytics environment to focus on innovation initiatives
- Champion a data science and data driven opinion across innovation initiatives
- Build feature extraction models, ETL processes, analytical and statistical models
- Utilise, implement and research machine learning and predictive analytical methods
- Provide technical support and be a resource to internal and external modellers
- Summarise and communicate conclusions and solutions to analytic and non-analytic stakeholders
- Investigate and develop new innovative statistical techniques
- All other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills Required:
- Expertise in development languages including but not limited to Python, Scala, Java, R, Julia.
- An excellent communicator, open to receiving feedback and able to clearly explain the rationale behind design choices
- Good knowledge of analysis and optimisation techniques.
- Good understanding of statistical and machine learning methods applied to data analysis
- An understanding of various statistical methodologies including linear regression, logistic regression, and other advanced analytic techniques
- Knowledge of managing, manipulating and transforming data from a variety of sources
- Experience with large datasets is an advantage
- User of either R, Python, SPSS, SAS, MySQL or equivalent analytic software
- Experience with big data and machine learning platforms including but not limited to Apache Spark, Flink, Beam, Theano, Tensorflow or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of emerging tools & vendors in the market
So, who is our client and their brand?
Our client provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Their strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where they help customers make key strategic decisions every day. They are part of a FTSE100 Group, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
The brand sits within their portfolio and is currently their leading brand with 600+ staff and $250m revenue. It is a fast-growing, technology-lead, and highly dynamic business with a passion for innovation and hiring the best talent available.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.