We are currently working with our client based in St Neots for a Service Technician to work within their workshop.
You will be required to assist the Workshop Supervisor in ensuring operational efficiency is being maximized and production levels are met across the production section and throughout the Turf workshop.
Responsible for the assembly of new machinery, and when required, the service and maintenance of demonstration and customer machines. Additional duties include maintaining the workshop and equipment used in the assembly process.
- Work as part of the workshop assembly section, assembling and setting up a wide range of equipment.
- Fit and set up components and carry out related adjustments in accordance with the technical standards & work instructions and personal competencies.
- Be able to diagnose and repair faults in electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems on various equipment using the appropriate tools, methods and practices.
- Be able to assemble Tractor products.
- Access and use printed and electronic media to assist in day to day work.
- Contribute to Good Housekeeping.
- Wash down equipment and prepare machinery for demonstrations and tournaments.
- Maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and customers (internal and external) by treating people with dignity and respect and taking pride in the appearance of the workshop and yourself.
- Maintain a culture that develops a two way feedback and ensure open communication takes place on a regular basis and at all levels.
- Ensure targets and deadlines are clearly understood and are being achieved.
- Contribute towards the improvement of processes, methods of operating and practices within the department by a structured process of accountability and training.
- To follow all Health and Safety procedures, Risk Assessments, & Personal Protection Equipment instructions applying to the workplace.
- Attend any relevant training sessions and service schools both in the UK and overseas to ensure you are fully equipped to perform your duties effectively.
- To be flexible and assist the workshop team.
- Be able to work alone and achieve the desired results on time and up to the standard required.
- Assist in all other areas of the company as operational requirements demand.
Proven relevant experience in production and distribution or workshop environment. Wide knowledge of developing and managing workshop operations is essential and knowledge of training desirable. Knowledge of Health and Safety relevant to workshop practice.
Excellent practical skills and demonstrable experience of safe ways of working.
Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups.
An ability to undertake complex work in a planned and systematic manner.
Ability to design and implement relevant systems that underpin safe and efficient workshop operations.
Track record of planning and delivering projects within agreed timescales.
Excellent interpersonal skills
IT Microsoft Office user.
Good Electro-mechanical skills and experience.
Good working knowledge of Hydraulics circuits and components.
Ability to read and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics.
Competent user of laptop and other diagnostic tools/methods.
C@G L3 engineering or mechanical or NVQ equivalent.
GCSE Numeracy and Literacy "C" level
Industry specific training/qualifications an advantage
Willingness to be flexible to help the organisation meet changing demands.
Out of hours working will be required
Full driving licence
CB Forklift qualification an advantage
Overtime will be available
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activities, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.