Senior Bridge Engineer - Highways & Rail
Job Title: Senior Bridge Engineer - (Highways & Rail)
Salary: £32K - £39K
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Engineer to undertake activities within the structures section, predominantly in the design and / or assessment of rail and highway structures.
You will take responsibility for the preparation of discrete structural schemes or specific elements of major improvements, which includes:
a. Feasibility studies;
b. Preliminary design;
c. Detailed design;
d. Preparation of contract documentation
e. Client Liaison and assisting with the marketing of the Consultancy
1. Degree or equivalent academic qualification in civil / structural engineering
2. SIGNIFICANT post graduate experience.
3. Chartered professional status or nearing Chartership (CEng or IEng)
4. Knowledge and understanding of the conceptual and detailed design of a broad range of civil engineering structures, including bridges, underpasses, culverts, retaining walls and railway station platforms, including associated approval procedures.
5. Experience in the use of relevant design standards and codes of practice including Structural Eurocodes
6. Proficient in the use of design/analysis software (e.g. SAM, LUSAS, Midas, Superstress)
7. Ability to successfully deliver bridge projects and satisfy client requirements.
8. Significant experience performing a similar role within a highway structures team and / or rail team
9. To provide technical support and mentor junior colleagues.
10. Good relationship management with colleagues and clients
1. Excellent standard of oral and written communication.
2. Experienced in the use of business and project management software systems such as Microsoft Office suite and MS Project
3. Familiar with health and safety legislation and the CDM regulations
1. Deliver specific civil / structural engineering tasks
2. Technical guidance and mentoring of junior staff.
3. Review and check contract drawings
4. Project management of schemes ensuring projects are delivered to time and budget in line with the client requirements and brief Co-ordination of rail projects across various disciplines
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.