My Client is a specialist business to business publisher spanning a number of industries, notably renewable energy. Based near Morden in south London.
They have a vacancy for an Advertising Sales position for one of their magazines. It is a bi-monthly publication aimed at users of equipment (pumps, valves etc.) within the oil, chemical and water industries.
- The successful candidate must be well spoken and presentable with a pleasant, friendly and confident telephone manner.
- They will be responsible for the selling of advertising principally in print but also online (website and newsletters) to existing and potential clients.
- They will be expected to make a minimum number of calls per day to our international database of companies and structure their day accordingly.
- They must be proficient in putting together sales proposals and managing their time effectively.
- They will liaise regularly with the editorial team and be capable of doing their own web research.
- The position would suit a junior level salesperson looking to advance their career and to gain more responsibility.
- Graduates with a good academic background will be considered.
- They must be available to travel to trade-shows within Europe principally.
- Selling display advertising
- Build and develop relationships with clients
- Represent the company to the highest standard
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Accurate forecasting
- Magazine promotion
- Reports to the managing director
- Ability to win new business
- Proven track record of successfully hitting targets and growing client base
- Needs an entrepreneurial personality who owns his/her accounts
- Work closely with editorial
- Understanding of print and digital advertising sales
- Ongoing competitor analysis
- Excellent sales, negotiation and presentation skills as well as keen attention to detail
- Strong new business skills and tenacious approach
- Education - preferably to A level/degree level
Basic salary is £22-24k plus generous, uncapped commission scheme based on guaranteed commission for each sale of 5%.