General Ledger Accounting Manager
Haig&Co are delighted to be working with a listed US-owned business to support them in the search for a General Ledger Manager to lead the team at a really important time for the business.
This is a very well-known global brand with a multi-site, complex business operation. Based to the north of Birmingham, this large-scale operation seeks to bolster its UK, European and Global support for their expansion plans for 2017 onwards.
As General Ledger Accounting Manager, your focus will be to oversee the direction, execution and performance of the General Ledger Manager for the business and the team.
- Lead the team in achievement and delivery of specific goals and operational performance metrics and measures
- Lead and provide focus on assessing overall and individual achievement of service expectations and customer satisfaction
- Drive effective resolution of queries and review and resolve feedback from internal/external customers to create best practice
- Handle a range of often complex tasks, resolving customer queries, providing information and processing/reconciling data
- Ensure that the team is appropriately trained on existing and new processes and procedures
- Demonstrate in depth knowledge of processes and procedures and strive for continuous improvement of the team to continually create best practice
- Accountable for driving through outputs on specific projects related to General Ledger, working to deliver added value by scoping out business requirements for all related projects
- Identify known and potential risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Coordinate with internal and external compliance to facilitate periodic audits and monitor and ensure completion of any corrective action required
- Other ad hoc duties
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Several years’ extensive technical experience within accounts and full understanding of end-to-end General Ledger and accounting processes and technical systems
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
- Strong experience of leading and managing a General Ledger team
- Proven track record for driving process efficiencies and problem solving
- Personable and customer focused attitude to work output with a "can do" attitude
- A strong communicator able to speak and interpret data to non-finance professionals
- Very organised and with a keen eye for detail
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Shared Service Centre experience would be a distinct bonus
On offer is an incredible opportunity to become part of a worldwide organisation to join a business function at a key time for them. With a very attractive salary, as well as profit share bonus, private medical insurance and other benefits.