A permanent Deputy Manager job for immediate start in children's residential home
Your new role
You will be responsible for assisting and deputising for the Registered Manager in managing, developing and maintaining high standards of care and planning for children and young people in care.
The post will involve unsociable hours, shift work, being on the organised rota, and ensuring adequate staffing levels, to meet the needs of the Children and young peoples.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ensuring that staff understand and are fully aware of the daily routines of the home.
- Ensure that all staff are made aware of the variety of intervention strategies to work with children and young people in our care.
- Ensure that children's reviews and meetings are delivered within the required time scales.
- Take the lead in ensuring an open culture is created, one in which children can complain and that they are listened to.
- Ensure staff are aware of and deliver the support required to ensure the life chance opportunities of the young people for their social, educational, leisure, emotional, physical, and cultural needs are met.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
- Participate and where appropriate take the lead in the assessment of young peoples.
- Supervision of young people in a group or individual setting.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- Responsibility for the management and supervision of appropriate staff.
- Responsibility for organising staff rotas and to undertake any 'out of hours' duties as directed.
- Produce, co-ordinate and edit reports
What you'll need to succeed
As a minimum you will need a Level 3 or 4 Diploma in Health and Social Care but it is desirable you will be qualified to Level 5. You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of working in an identical role. You will also be experienced in a supervisory capacity and have experience of designing and implementing individual care plans.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.