Sales and Project Manager
Unipart Rail part of the £1bn turnover Unipart Group, is an established and experienced supply partner to some of the biggest names in the rail industry.
Our partners know us to be experts within rail infrastructure and track rolling stock components, providing them with the confidence to pursue their business objectives, while we support them with bespoke solutions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Sales and Project Manager to join our Supply Chain Solutions function in Doncaster.
Sales & Project Manager
The purpose of the role is three fold:
- Support the Unipart Rail Sales team to sell Supply Chain Solutions propositions to customers, this will involve development of strong relationships with key clients at all levels and to identify and articulate selling opportunities in order to grow the business.
- To work with the Business Development and Operations team to specify and deliver projects to allotted timeframes, meet client's objectives and within agreed budgets. The role will support the development, delivery and tracking of proposals, project plans and project commercials.
- To provide Project Management support, during the implementation phase for larger cross-functional projects.
- To identify, manage and deliver a pipeline of on-going opportunities within the Supply Chain Solutions value stream
- To monitor and track current opportunities and projects against planned timeframes, budgets, objective achievement and benefit realisation. To provide a monthly update of performance.
- To manage the Supply Chain Solutions Business Development governance process.
- To validate monthly invoice data.
- To develop the relationship with the Client, through Project/Programme development and implementation. To establish a credible and valued working relationship at senior levels of the business.
- Monitor the adherence of agreed Value Stream processes.
- Lead the bid qualification of Supply Chain opportunities.
- To support Business Development Director in the development of case studies for completed projects and communicate with clients to obtain sign off.
- Develop and provide both the Sales and Delivery teams with relevant sales/marketing material.
- Contribute to the development of the business to deliver effective results and sustainable transformation.
- Consistently apply and demonstrate Lean principles at all times, and be seen as an expert to provide guidance to clients and the UEP team.
- Ensure consistency and standardization across all clients and ensure that the correct methodologies are applied and followed.
- Support the development of solutions that can be included in our standard approach
- Demonstrate commitment to personal continuous professional development; maintain own personal development portfolio and actively develop own skills and competencies to support client engagement, practice development and personal career progression.
- When required deliver high quality Diagnostics, Future State design, Implementation and Sustainment activities.
- Adherence to Unipart Way methodology and Supply Chain Solutions governance.
- Delivery of high quality reports in a timely manner.
- Delivery of all expenses claims within a timely manner.
- Min of 3-5 years in Lean/Operations roles experience of Lean philosophy, methodology and implementation
- Extensive Project Management experience
- Sound understanding of business commercial and financial matters
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- An understanding of Unipart Rails Sales processes
- Good Supply Chain knowledge and our propositions
- 3 -5 years' experience in Lean operations deploying Lean tools
- Unipart Way level 4/5 in all 5 core tools
- 3 years facilitation experience
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Proven coaching Skills
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Good data analysis skills
- Excellent MS Office Skills
- Cost Benefit analysis skills
- Graduate or equivalent
- 3 years consulting experience/ Lean implementation in a variety of environments
- Wide or special sector experience in line with UEP sector requirements
- Rail experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt