Job Title: Travel Advisor
Salary: £16,500 to £16,000 + Excellent Commission with Excellent Benefits
(1st year achievable OTE estimate- £22/24K)
An excellent opportunity to join a well established, passionate company as their Travel Customer Service Advisor. Do you desire a long and stable Career, with natural career progression? Intensive training provided to allow you the best chance to be successful, just add your enthusiasm and dedication.
This role will entail travel to foreign countries 1/2 times a year for a short periods of time to help you live and breathe the role, in-date passport is needed.
Previous experience in an Account Management role would be best suited to this position: Other industry backgrounds would be Estate Agents, Event Management, Travel Agents and Tour Coordinators, also high level sales and customer service roles.
* Support the effective achievement of team targets through the conversion of leads from a defined sales area and developing booking opportunities through client contact
* Ensure the effective retention of clients by working closely with Sales, Operations Team colleagues and support departments to deliver excellent customer service and meet client expectations
* Ensure the effective planning and prioritising of client contact to ensure all potential clients are contacted at the right time with the right information to secure their business
* Build a strong rapport with clients to develop long term customer relationships
* Consistently apply effective sales and customer service skills and brand knowledge to secure business against competitors
* Consistently achieve monthly targets as per Individual Business Plans
* Consistently achieve personal targets and contribute to team targets
* Proactively research and source business opportunities through outbound calling to existing and new clients as well as dealing with inbound calls from clients
* Ensure the effective capture and sharing of client and competitor information to develop market awareness
* Provide support to colleagues by sharing sales and customer service skills / techniques and Product knowledge
* Maintain and awareness of team workloads providing support to colleagues where required
* Maintain profit margins through effective negotiation and communication with clients
* Generate accurate ad hoc pricing and tailor made quotes to meet client needs
* Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in all client and data capture
* Liaise effectively with relevant support departments to maintain an awareness of accurate up to date information on product and pricing
Qualifications / Experience:
* NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services or similar capabilities
* Experience of building and maintain positive relationships with customers / suppliers
*Experience of liaising with customers by telephone would be ideal however not essential
* IT Literate with knowledge and experience of using MS products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
* Strong accuracy and attention to detail with excellent written communication skills
* Grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths or equivalent/higher level qualification
* Linguistic capability (French, German, Italian, Spanish) ideal however not essential
* Please note: If you do not hear back from us within one week, then please assume that you have unfortunately not been shortlisted on this occasion.
In respect of the above role, Cordant People Ltd, operates as an Employment Agency as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
As an equal opportunities employer, Cordant People Ltd, welcomes applications from all sections of the community.