Purchasing Manager- Food & Packaging
I am currently partnering with an innovative, high quality and fast-growing food manufacturing business and we are looking for a true strategic-thinker who is looking for a change of scenery or the next step in their career to head up the purchasing function of this £57m turnover business. Essentially a standalone role, you will be responsible for elevating the capabilities of the procurement function in line with business growth and influencing future strategy with the senior stakeholder group.
A commitment to sourcing only the highest quality ingredients and developing a sustainable supply chain is critical to this business- experienced buyers with a passion for food both inside and outside of work will flourish in this role!
The role will be based in Somerset, with 1-2 day travel per week to London and throughout the UK/Europe. A brand new production facility in the South West is the biggest drawcard and key to the continued growth of this food business!
- Minimum 5 years' experience in strategic sourcing in Fresh Food, Ingredients and Produce; some experience in packaging
- Candidates will ideally come from a Food Production, Manufacturing or Retail background and have worked across multiple categories
- Proven ability in developing and implementing sourcing strategy, with quality at the heart of decision making
- Experience managing a team remotely
- CIPS Qualified
- Degree educated, preferably in Supply Chain Management
- Technical skills including MS Office, ERP, SAP etc
- A skilled negotiator and strong, assertive decision maker
- Don't be too serious, food is fun!
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.