Head of PR
To plan, implement and manage PR campaigns and activity which effectively promote the UK's premier race series, British Champions Series and its richest event, British Champions Day..
- Responsible for the day-to-day communications and promotion surrounding the UK's premier horse racing series
- Manage, develop and implement an integrated PR campaign for the brand which further establishes the finale as one of the world's best race days.
- Work with talent, ambassadors and their agents to promote the brand in a meaningful way and which generates coverage
- Develop a proactive news schedule for the brand in order to secure quality coverage, and produce a range of media assets such as media packs and profiles to support media reporting
- Responsible for developing and running a series of unmissable press events which generate significant coverage for the brand. These will include but are not limited to mornings on the gallops and trips to Series-stars' stables (including those overseas); the Champions Day five day entries live-stream event and press party
- Work closely with the digital team to produce shareable digital assets and to ensure that all activity is aligned
- Work collaboratively with the companies courses on joint initiatives throughout the summer which promote individual races and the brand as a whole
- Work closely with the broadcaster to promote brand messaging and on the creation of features which bring the Series and its stars to life
- Act as the brands representative on course throughout the summer, including essential attendance at race meetings over the weekends and as the go-to person for racing press
- Manage the on-the-day press office function at Champions Day and throughout the year respond to media enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Oversee the planning and production of the Champions Day racecard, working with designers, contributors and printers to ensure that the final product is of the highest possible standard
- Monitor and report on the success of promotional activities and review and develop initiatives as required.
- Proactively research, develop and implement PR campaigns and ideas in line with the promotional strategy.
- Contribute to the Champions Day review process and assist in the development of the forthcoming strategy
- Liaise with and promote the company amongst key stakeholder groups including Horsemen; Professional Jockeys' Association, National Trainers Federation and racecourses.
- As the needs of the business change rapidly this role will change accordingly, therefore this document should be viewed as guidelines which are subject to change.
- A relevant degree or post graduate qualification is desirable
- Significant proven experience of developing effective PR campaigns and all key areas of responsibility and within a sports environment.
- A good knowledge of racing is essential
PARTICULAR SKILLS REQUIRED
- A successful track record of devising, implementing and project managing PR campaigns
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent written skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise, to deliver results to tight deadlines
- Strong media contacts with ability to brief and respond to enquiries together with a keen news sense
- Gravitas and the ability to command the respect of a number of varied and senior stakeholders including racecourse representatives; horsemen; talent and broadcasters
- Shows evidence of pro-activity and personal initiative.
- Strong racing industry contacts with the ability to command the respect of stakeholders including trainers, racecourse personnel and the media
- Creative thinking and the ability to come up with engaging and news worthy campaign ideas
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work weekends during the summer
For more info or for a discreet chat, please get in touch through
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK. Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.