Cherry Professional are seeking to appoint a Regulatory Accountant with one of the East Midlands top financial services business. This role has great opportunities for progression within a challenging and interesting sector.
Regulatory Accountant (Part/Newly Qualified) - Mansfield - £25k - £30k
As a Regulatory Accountant you will:
- Lead preparation of regulatory reports with subsequent variance analysis.
- Be responsible for preparing new data models to support newly introduced regulation and ensuring this is in line with interpretation of relevant regulations.
- Provide accurate, efficient and timely production and analysis of regulatory returns.
- Lead on ad-hoc projects related to process efficiencies and improved data integrity
- Perform Treasury front office duties such as interest rate swap purchasing, daily movement of funds and reporting of treasury activities.
- Assist in the management of the treasury instruments available with the Bank of England e.g. Funding for Lending Scheme
- Produce liquidity risk reports at month end and for forecasting purposes.
- Provide analysis and implementation of stress testing models to support monthly risk reporting
- Use financial risk management software for analysis and reporting.
- Be involved in other ad-hoc finance projects as per departmental and business requirements, where regulatory reporting timetable permits.
- Be the owner of the internal and external regulatory reporting schedule. Ensuring deadlines are met
What the client is looking for:
- Part/Newly Qualified Accountant happy to work from Mansfield
- Educated to Degree Level or Equivalent
- Ideally have experience within Financial Services (Although not essential)
- Have very strong excel skills
- Able to effectively prioritise requirements and work with little supervision
- Willing to learn
Other roles you may have applied for include Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Part Qualified Management Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Financial Accountant and Part Qualified Accountant