Our client is a progressive and award winning company based in Cookstown, Co Tyrone who provides innovative solutions to customers in landfill diversion, waste water recycling, environmental remediation and energy from waste. Their high performance, high efficiency materials recovery and recycling systems have been developed to substantially reduce waste to landfill and maximise the production of commercial grade products from a number of waste streams.
Some of the projects delivered have been to leading water utility companies globally and for some of the world’s largest environmental consultancies including SITA/Suez and Veolia.
To support continuing growth, the Company now wish to strengthen their Engineering Team with an individual who can thrive in an environment that genuinely empowers employees to lead projects and innovatively create and deliver complex electrical proposals for a range of customers on an international platform.
Job Purpose- Electrical Engineer
To develop/lead an electrical team with electrical and control knowledge to ensure all systems and components are installed, commissioned, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer.
Responsibilities- Electrical Engineer
- Communication to ensure both internal and external customers are informed of project progress and issues ensuring all parties are aware of their requirements (including but not limited to providing FDS (Functional Design Specification), wiring diagrams and commissioning reports)
- Expedite project tasks against planned timescales within each function ensuring adequate resource is assigned to meet target costing and delivery milestones
- Delivering electrical solutions on projects with a diverse range of objectives, to relevant country legislation, specifications & policies
- Management of a diverse range of 3rd party contractors both off and onsite
- Manage FATs (Factory Acceptance Test) and SATs (Site Acceptance Test), working closely with the Quality department
- Assisting in the early identification and resolution of potential problems working closely with the technical team
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives from an electrical point of view on standard product range as well as specific customer problems.
- Assist and support the wider engineering team with the R&D of the business from an electrical prospective
- Creation of a plan and subsequent implementation to allow for the development of an electrical team to help achieve outlined company Vision
Specification- Electrical Engineer
- Educated to degree or HND/HNC level in an Electrical Engineering discipline
- Good level of secondary education with high degree of numeracy and literacy
- 10 years’ electrical experience
- Experience in an office environment
- Experience in MS Office
- Has strong customer facing experience
- Leading a team
- Health & Safety qualification
- BS 7671 Electrical Standard 17th Edition
- Electrical experience within the water or waste water treatment industry
- Programming knowledge within PLC & Scada systems
- MEICA Specification and Documentation control
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting. The Company reserves the right to vary criteria at the shortlisting stage.
Spectrum Employment Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.