Junior Copywriter / Content Editor
Role: Junior Copywriter / Content Editor
Location: Oval, South London
About the Company
Wiser Digital’s client was established in 1998 with the vision to offer a unique, gimmick-free alternative to other bookmakers.
By simply focusing on offering the best odds and by welcoming winning players, the company has established an unparalleled reputation with players.
This professional approach has helped the company become one of the internet’s largest online gaming operators.
The business is now looking for an experienced Junior Content Editor & Copywriter to join their fast growing team!
About the Role
The role of the Junior Content Editor is to support the Head of Engagement in the execution of the content element of the engagement strategy. This role involves creating, maintaining and measuring content - adhering to an internal Style Guide - for the website (sportsbook and casino) and marketing emails, with a large emphasis on the Betting Resources education portal. The main KPIs of this position are generating new content traffic and retaining customers through increased content engagement; the Content Editor and Copywriter will supervise the position.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain, and measuring content (sportsbook, casino, email) with a special emphasis on Betting Resources education portal
- Work to an agreed content schedule; contribute content ideas
- Proofread web and email content
- Measure content success metrics via Google Analytics
- Follow `best practice` standards via an internal Style Guide
- Maintain relationships with freelance contributors
- Liaise with SEO Specialist to ensure search engine optimised content
- Work closely with the Social Team to improve the reach of content.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent editorial skills, with a sound understanding of writing for the web.
- The ability to produce content that engages users across varying online formats - web pages, banners, multimedia and email - following an in-house Style Guide.
- Basic Html editing skills & CMS Authoring.
- Ability to work on own initiative, and within a flat team structure.
- Confident enough to contribute ideas, flexible in outlook and able to pick up new skills and concepts quickly.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Must have an A Level qualification in English or higher.
- Experienced with content management systems, blog editors and common desktop publishing software (MS Office).
- Familiarity with the basics of search engine optimisation
- Knowledgeable of betting and a wide range of sports.
- Familiar with betting and casino terminology, and betting psyche.
- Experience of sharing content through Social Media.