Service Delivery Manager Structures
The role Highways England is currently looking to recruit for a Service Delivery Manager on a permanent basis . The role will be based in Bedford, to manage and ensure Highways England has the appropriate specialist knowledge and expertise to ensure the Service Provider undertakes the contractual duties required in respect of all structures, including those designated as Special. This includes monitoring, approval and providing challenge in respect of inspections, small improvement schemes, asset condition and safety.
Day to day
- Develop work plans and resources in line with the Delivery Plan outcomes, budgets, service levels and KPI`s and to manage delivery to agreed plans Manages supplier performance with the plans, taking appropriate actions to address issues
- Develops and implements structures maintenance plans across the region
- Approval of structures safety schemes to maintain integrity and availability of the network
- Monitor and quality check the service providers structural inspection programme and asbestos management plan and ensure records are accurate and up-to-date
- Collaborative working with Service Provider Work with and support colleagues on discreet pieces of work in maintaining the road network
- Support the continuous challenge to all aspects of project and service development and delivery to ensure value for money and realise financial and operational efficiencies
- Demonstrable experience and an appropriate qualification in a relevant technical area: structural and civil engineering and maintenance Experience of managing strategy and implementing service improvement
- Demonstrable ability of project management
- Good communications skills and ability to collaborate with contractors Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice in service delivery
- Ability to deliver work accurately on time and within budget
- Innovative- Managing and implementing better ways working
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You`re also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements. We`re expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible Help keep England moving.
We look forward to hearing from you. For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk