Media Sales Manager
The world’s leading publisher for the global Oil & Gas industry is looking to recruit an experienced and ambitious Media Sales Manager. Working as part of a growing team to secure advertising revenue from businesses across the oil and gas sector in the UK and Scandinavia, key duties will be to achieve and exceed sales targets across print and digital advertising by servicing existing clients and developing new business.
Clients will include service providers, engineering and construction firms, equipment companies and others selling to the global Oil & Gas industry.
- Proven B2B media sales experience, demonstrable success in display advertising sales (minimum four years) and selling lead generation tools
- Proven ability to negotiate and close
- Educated to degree standard. Must have GCSE mathematics at A-C grade (or equivalent) and be numerically confident
- Established experience of maximising client revenue through creativity, use of initiative, and accessing multiple budgets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a core requirement of this role
- The successful candidate will be target-driven, self-motivated and intelligent
- Experience of selling to large organisations and overseas clients
- Face to face sales experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge/contacts in the oil and gas market would be an advantage
- Sell digital and print display advertising through in-person meetings and by phone
- Travel to meet clients and build relationships
- Maintain and develop client base to maximize revenue across the portfolio of three trade journals
- Understand and communicate the needs of the advertiser base in order to assist with new product development