Greenfield Tax Manager, Global Hotel Group, £70k package
We have partnered with a leading global hospitality management and real estate group on a greenfield Tax Manager position. This role will provide oversight for all UK tax matters, as well as working on global tax projects at a group level. As a newly created role this provides an excellent opportunity to take full ownership for the tax function whilst gaining exposure to senior stakeholders.
A leading global hospitality management and real estate group, with locations across Asia, Australasia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.
Compliance & Reporting:
- Prepare, review and submit corporate tax computations and returns for all UK companies, including compliance with the CFC legislation.
- Maintain a tax status risk registers for all UK companies.
- Consolidate the Group tax provision (corporation & deferred tax) and other information needed for disclosure purposes in the consolidated group accounts.
- Calculate the year-end tax provisions, prepare tax disclosure notes for annual report and statutory accounts for individual UK companies and analyse and comment on trends.
- Prepare a report for the Board on the quarterly ETR, cash tax position, tax provision etc. with commentary on the trends on a country by country basis.
Planning & Advisory:
- Manage on-going projects and provide tax input into planned projects.
- Work with business units and provide tax input to upgrades existing and new accounting systems.
- Work with SVP Finance/CFO to imbed tax policies within the Group.
- Liaise with HMRC on tax queries.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Relevant post qualification experience of managing the compliance and tax reporting.
- Qualified CTA. An ACA or ACCA qualification is an advantage.
- Very good technical knowledge of UK Corporation Tax.
- Able to work in an organised and methodical way so that internal and external deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Good knowledge of best practice thinking in tax accounting and reporting and tax compliance processes and systems.
- A practical hands-on attitude is required together with the ability and keenness to initiate and implement process change.
£60,000 - £70,000 + package