Room Leader 528
Working as a level Early years Practitioner in an outstanding day nursery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Be a key person, to a small number of children; this involves providing a secure attachment figure to help children settle, meeting their care needs such as feeding, sleeping and nappy changes, planning for your key children’s
• Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Day Nursery.
• Work as part of the nursery team and assist in any duties required.
• Ensure that the recommended staff/child ratios are maintained at all times.
• Maintain a clean safe environment at all times and report any health and safety concerns to management team.
• Ensure records of the children’s day are completed and the details communicated to parents.
• Ensure supervision at mealtimes and all dietary requirements are adhered to.
• Availability to work in any areas of the Day Nursery undertaking the care and supervision of the children and in other areas of the nursery to ensure its smooth running
• Attend and participate in any further training programmes as required.
• Promote positive behaviour of children and within the staff team.
• Needs and interests and monitoring and supporting their development.
• Make observations on children and ensure learning journals are kept up to date.
• Actively participate in the planning of activities to suit the children’s needs and stages of development, supporting and promoting individual’s learning.
- Warm & friendly with a genuine smile for the children, parents & carers
- Trustworthy and confidential
Monday - Friday 40 hour week
Holiday -20 days per annum plus bank holidays and Christmas Closure
Nursery situated in large beautiful gardens, free on-site parking and uniform provided. A supportive work environment and ongoing training