Bilingual Internal Communications Editor/ Writer EU languages
Are you looking to use your editing and writing skills within an international corporate, public sector environment? My client, a large European Union organisation based in Canary Wharf, are looking for a bilingual Internal Communications Editor / Writer to join their Internal Corporate Relations team on an initial 12 month interim contract. You will use your skills to edit, review, write and create engaging and dynamic corporate and internal communication content.
- Draft and edit a wide range of materials (intranet articles, news, memos, briefing notes, video scripts)
- Ensure complex concepts and information are presented in a clear, accessible and engaging manner
- Review and proofread corporate materials to ensure a consistent tone (reports, policies, guidelines)
- Create engaging content through graphic design in different formats (infographics, presentations)
- Source, review and organise engaging content for staff (intranet news stories, photos, videos, newsletters, briefings)
- Analyse existing content
- Collaborate with team and colleagues across the organisation to source and generate content to reach target employee groups
- Measure your success and continuously improve internal communication channels
This is a rare opportunity to join an EU Agency at in an interesting time that provides a truly multicultural working environment where everyone is passionate about public health.
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, European or International Relations, Public Health Administration or Natural Sciences
- Proven experience in editing, writing, copywriting or content management in English
- Professional work experience within corporate or internal communication
- Knowledge of EU, EU law or EU Institutions advantageous
- Track record of designing engaging content for a range of audiences
- Proven experience in writing for the web, editing and proofreading
- Advanced MS Office - PowerPoint in particular
- Experience with Graphic Design and Adobe desirable
Fluency in English and at least one other EU language -Spanish, Czech, Danish, German, Estonian, English, French, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Maltese, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Slovenian, Slovakian, Finnish, Swedish, Greek, Romanian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Norwegian, Icelandic
To apply, please send your CV in Word format to Rebecca Foreman, CVs in any other formats will not be accepted. If you have applied for any other languagematters vacancy there is no need to re-apply, as your CV will be considered for all vacancies that match your language skills and work experience.
We work constantly to provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability or sexuality.
NB: Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or hold a valid work permit. Please note that we contact successful candidates within 3-4 working days. We will consider you for all our vacancies now and in the future. Please do not reapply unless requested to do so. Language Matters is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.