My client is a world leader within their industry and have an immediate vacancy for a Design Engineer, based in Swadlincote, UK.
As a Design Engineer you will report directly to the Engineering Manager. You will be part of my clients Design team. The successful candidate will have an engineering background and a ‘hands on, can do’ approach in bringing rail components and related projects from concept through to production both individually.
The focus of this role is to design products that meet customer requirements that match the company’s process capabilities. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- Predominantly project work within rail components
- Communicate with other team members on all internal and external customers
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of BOM’s and drawings
- Produce designs and some performance calculations
- Preparation of accurate CAD drawings and design reports
- Preparation of calculations and GA’s
- Software: Inventor
- Detailed knowledge of applications and material selection
- Creation of new designs to satisfy specific customer requirement
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ideally a Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Computer literate, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Capable of controlling projects/work packages
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- A knowledge of rubber/fabric/plastic composites would be advantageous
- Hands on person with theoretical knowledge who is not shy to get their hands dirty
- You would describe yourself as a doer
- Rail industry experience is an advantage but not essential
- Ability to travel, UK and abroad
- Valid Driving Licence
The successful candidate will have previous experience of design within related engineering and/or manufacturing environment; attention to detail is paramount.
The candidate needs to a qualified engineer to degree, HND or equivalent, with experience and trained in 3D design software packages, ideally Inventor.
Training in the range of company products will be given.