Spanish speaking Category Buyer (FMCG)
Job Title: Spanish speaking Category Buyer
Location: West London, Middlesex Zone 4
Duration: from 29/05/2017 until 29/12/2017 (temporary ongoing role)
Salary: £237 PAYE or £307 a day LTD rate (equivalent to 61K annual salary)
Skills: Fluent Spanish language skills - written and oral, Procurement experience.
Job reference number: 62804
Our client is a FTSE100 global business looking for a Spanish speaking Category Buyer. The purpose of this role is to partner and align with the end to end supply chain to define business requirements for a world class supply base for provision of high quality goods and services.
• Assist in the development, management and implementation of comprehensive strategies on a global basis in alignment with company and Procurement to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impact company’s financial results.
• Assist in the development of supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation
• Participate in cross functional sourcing teams with joint accountability for technical and quality performance through strategy development and implementation at global, regional or local level.
• Implement initiatives and programs to improve quality of bought-in goods and services and reduce lead times
Supplier Relationship Management
• Assist in the development and management the supply base for external GMS end to end supply chain providing supply of high quality and competitively priced materials and services, to meet company’s requirements.
• Assist in the development of strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost effective sources for relevant commodities.
• Participate in the development of Continuous Improvement strategy for supply base employing lean and sigma approach including PUCC and DFM.
• Development of Risk Mitigation strategies to ensure security of supply.
• Implementation of risk management strategies for the mitigation of risk associated with goods and services in assigned area of responsibility.
• Represent the category on relevant strategy development and supply chain planning forums
• Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders; agree RACIs and business requirements
• Resolution of second touch issues regarding supply escalated from site (s)
• Ensure regulatory compliance through the appropriate strategy creation.
• Provide best in class cost
• Sharing of best practice across category team and Production Procurement
• Continuous improvement of process and performance within category team and related supply base
• Written and oral fluency in Spanish language is required
• Strong procurement experience
• Strategy development and supplier relationship management experience
• Experienced in multiple stakeholder management.
• Excellent communications skills