Senior Highway Design Technician
Job Title: Senior Highway Design Technician
Location: East Grinstead
Salary: £35K - £40K
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established civil engineering team within a vibrant business, and to take a prominent role within the team to work on major infrastructure projects. We are seeking candidates who have extensive experience in the geometric design of highways.
1. Technical experience in highway alignment design including proficiency in use of INROADS or equivalent for highways and earthworks modelling.
2. Experience of CAD delivery in AutoCAD or Microstation.
3. Good knowledge of DMRB.
4. Experience managing programme and budgets for design tasks.
5. Experience of operating within quality management procedures.
6. Full UK driving licence.
1. Professionally qualified technician.
2. Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects.
3. Experience of Highway England or local authority design and technical approval processes.
1. Preparing geometric designs for highway engineering schemes at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
2. Taking a technical leadership role for the geometric design of highways.
3. Undertaking design work in accordance with quality procedures and CDM legislation.
4. Coordinating with engineers responsible of disciplines such as highway structures, drainage and earthworks to optimise design solutions.
5. Delivering project design activities to programme and within budget.
1. Good team player who enthusiastically takes ownership of tasks, taking them through to successful completion.
2. Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure when necessary.
3. Excellent communicator.
4. Ability to convey information accurately with attention to detail.
5. Keen to learn and develop new and existing skills.
6. Keen to progress career and take increased responsibilities.
7. Willingness to support less senior staff in developing their own technical skills.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.