Graduate Developer - £25-30K - Analytics - Central London
Our client analyses vast quantities of data using advanced statistical techniques and proprietary technology in order to predict the outcome of future events. They are constantly tackling a diverse set of complex problems which are often best solved using a creative approach.
How you can expect to spend your day;
Developers typically implement new features for our system, diagnose issues, and fix bugs. We have a number of components that are mostly written in R, C# or C++. These components interface with external APIs and websites, normalise offers from different sources, process large quantities of bet placements, and manage strategies.
We also maintain graphical tools and websites that allow the trading operations team to monitor the system and we provide interfaces for clients to place bets directly. It is common for developers to move between projects according to both the changing requirements of the company and their own interests.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Designing and developing enhancements to projects, and implementing them in R, C# and/or C++.
- Knowledge of using libraries and technologies as appropriate for the task.
- Deploying live code in a Linux environment.
- Co-ordinating with team members on the development of large components.
- Analysing sources such as log files, database tables, graphs, and code to diagnose problems, and subsequently fix them.
- Learning new skills and technologies as requirements evolve.
- Giving input into the potential progression of the company and its systems.