Receptionist for Private Healthcare Clinic Central London
JOB TITLE: Receptionist/Telephone Operator Private Healthcare Clinic
Salary - up to £24,000 depending on experience
Required- Bi-lingual English and Arabic
Location : Central London close to transport and amenities
Hours of work: Monday to Sunday - Rota shifts between 7.30am and 4pm-8.30am to 5.30pm and 9.30am to 6pm. Weekends on a rotational basis
Type of role - Permanent
Start date - ASAP
Our client is a renowned Fertility Clinic based in Central London. Their patients come to them from across the globe. They have state of the art premises and theatres on site. Due to the volume of overseas patients specifically from The Arab countries we are seeking a Medical Receptionist with previous Reception experience and the ability to work in a fast paced Fertility Clinic who also speaks Arabic to assist with the overseas patients on a daily basis as well as being a professional receptionist with excellent customer service skills.
PRINCIPLE ROLE OVER AND SKILLS:
Responsible for the day to day management of the busy reception area. Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Able to deal with difficult situations in a polite, friendly, efficient manner. Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and proactively make remedial changes when necessary. Able to easily build rapport with patients and visitors remaining calm and positive in all work situations. Show strong Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Responsible for ensuring Reception area is welcoming at the start of shift. Continually kept tidy, all brochures, refreshments are well stocked.
- Be part of the Reception rota, working closely with fellow receptionists, leading by example and covering shift patterns at short notice when necessary.
- Review calendars daily to ensure appointment booking slots are correct, liaise with the team on any changes and ensure all appointments have an outcome on whether the patient/visitor arrived, did not attend or rescheduled. Also highlight any patients where crucial forms needs to be collected on arrival or letters handed out.
- Responsible for ensuring that all calendars have been printed daily and stored in case of an emergency or IT failure. The hard copy information is kept secure for reference and to roll call in case of evacuation once everyone has exited the building.
- Ensure that all messages on IDEAS (bespoke calendar and patient management system) are written clearly and accurately. Exercise due diligence and discretion in obtaining patient ID, avoiding any subsequent confusion or breach of information being given.
- Attend to patients/visitors at the front desk, update IDEAS with the attendance and ensure the patient/visitor is seen on time.
- Responsible for ensuring all patients attending a New Consultation have sent their registration pack to us 48 hours prior to their appointment, providing assistance on any uncompleted forms, reducing their admin time on their arrival.
- Ensure that patients are not kept waiting unduly in the waiting areas, liaise with clinical team on any delays and keep patients abreast of situation in order to main waiting times target of 20 minutes to be seen from arrival time.
- Ensure the reception telephone is answered promptly and politely at all times, using corporate opening and closing.
- Organise the Patient Open Evening, including ensuring reception team are scheduled to attend. In preparation for the evening, ensure IT equipment is set-up and handouts are available and room layout organised. Ensure the following day the staff member covering this event has made polite contacts with all the attendees, making potential new patient bookings.
- Deal with irate patients in a professional polite manner, providing reassurance that issues raised will be investigated, responding verbally or written. Follow through until resolution and escalate to line managers when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance team are notified to clear reception of any deliveries. Also that couriers have collected samples or containers for shipment on a timely basis.
- Work closely with all the internal departments, building rapport, keeping them abreast of any issues or changes that impact their role.
- Responsible for ensuring clear shift handover is in place and any outstanding issues have been escalated.
- Keep abreast of any policy changes within IVF and up to date with mandatory training.
If you are a medical receptionist with outstanding customer service skills and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, can speak both English and Arabic send us your details and we shall respond. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.