Major Loss Building Claims Surveyor
My client is seeking a Major Loss Building Claims Surveyor to be accountable for the repair strategy by providing technical advice and expertise on the investigation, scoping of repair works and managing of the repairs programme.
- Undertake reviews of major or complex, high value buildings claims, setting the strategy for investigation, including the engagement of appropriately skilled professionals and specialist investigators, both internal and external.
- Once validity has been determined, identify from a network / panel of suppliers, specialist contractors, ancillary contractors, project managers and subject matter experts a cost effective and timely solution to remediate the problem.
- Responsible for overseeing the scoping of the works, the tender process and placing of the contract; ensuring all factors have been taken account of such as planning, H & S, Party Wall etc.
- Measure the performance of the suppliers, specialist investigators, specialist contractors, ancillary contractors, project managers and subject matter experts on multiple projects.
- Monitor at key stages throughout the lifecycle of the project, including attending site meetings, validating applications for payments and variations, managing emerging risks and reporting delivery against budget and time.
- Use established project management rigour to achieve the end goal and set clear milestones for the project team.
- information to support the status of the project and the performance of the contractors to the claims handler
- Responsible for the final sign off of the repair works of the project including resolving any snagging issues or disputes between the various stakeholders.
- Excellent experience in surveying or construction as a surveyor, estimator, construction manager or site manager for a volume house builder, Housing Association (Development Branch) or working for a private construction practice.You must have a strong track record of 'delivering a successful business’ in construction, repairs or major property claims.
- Degree level calibre and Ideally a member of a relevant professional institution such as RICS, CIOB/CII/CILA. Broad knowledge and understanding of building control and planning regulations.
- Excellent project management skills in managing outsourced providers in the investigation, scoping, specification, contract and delivery of multiple major and complex repairs / construction projects.
- Good experience of specifying works and managing tender process with remedial works contractors, external consultants, architects, engineers, surveyors and project managers.
- Strong influencing and assertiveness skills with multiple stakeholders - repairs works contractors, specialist contractors, builders - and collaborate with internal teams.
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of the nature, complexity and timescales involved in managing major construction (and remediation services), ideally for residential structures and in particular high rise buildings.
- Good knowledge of FCA requirements, especially Treating Your Customer Fairly (TCF) and strong knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
- Full driving licence.
For further information contact Paul Scholes in confidence