Accounts Payable Supervisor, truly excellent opportunity
Haig&Co are delighted to be working with a listed US-owned business to support them in the search for a hugely important role within their Finance Department as Accounts Payable Supervisor.
This is a very well-known global brand with a multi-site, complex business operation. Based to the north of Birmingham.
As Accounts Payable Supervisor your focus will be to oversee the direction, execution and performance of the Accounts Payable function for the business and the Accounts Payable team.
- Reporting the Accounts Payable Manager
- Supporting the team in their day to day activities in line with specific performance delivery measures and SLAs
- Overseeing and development of current process and striving for continuous process improvement
- Dealing with more complex issues on behalf of the Accounts Payable team
- Assisting management with related budgets and projects within the Accounts Payable function
- Assisting in process improvement and efficiencies and procedures for the benefit of the Accounts Payable team and environment
- Escalate any transaction issues and highlight compliance control problems to senior management
- Play a key role in the performance process for the team, staff appraisals, development, goals and objectives setting
- All other ad-hoc duties required
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Previous experience of supporting an Accounts Payable function
- Ideally (but not essential) studying for relevant accounting qualifications /part-qualified or qualified by experience
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, a high level of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end Accounts Payable responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience of supporting process efficiencies and problem solving
- Personable and customer focused attitude to work output with a "can do" attitude
- A strong communicator able to communication and interpret data to non-finance professionals and the wider business
- Very organised with a high degree of problem solving ability
- Familiarity with accounting and sub-ledger systems
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Shared Service Centre experience would be a distinct bonus as would system transition experience
On offer is an incredible opportunity to become part of a worldwide organisation to join a business function at a key time for them. With a very attractive salary, as well as profit share bonus, private medical insurance and other benefits.