ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Axiom Executive are recruiting for a global consultancy and advisory firm working with the most high profile corporations and businesses across the world from Fortune 500 to FTSE 100.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
An exciting opportunity for a Revenue Accountant with proven past experience in US GAAP revenue recognition accounting. The responsibilities under this role will be to manage the day-to-day revenue process and providing a dedicated link between the finance team and the revenue earning business segments, having full autonomy for their business segment.
As a Revenue Accountant you will be directly advising the Partners, Senior Managing Directors and Finance Directors within the business segment on when they can recognise revenue; you will need to be credible and confident in building relationships and influencing decisions to the most senior people in the business.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and supporting the EMEA region, this role is ideally suited to someone with 2-4 years PQE who possesses excellent communication, organisational and time management skills. Experience of current US GAAP revenue recognition is essential. Candidates with proven experience and / or knowledge of the new revenue recognition standard, ASC 606, are highly desired (IFRS 15 experience may also be suitable).
• Playing an important role in the revenue recognition process across the EMEA region - being responsible for all stages in the process and acting as a key contact for the revenue earning business segments
• Provide technical expertise on US GAAP revenue recognition and ensure revenue is booked in adherence with the appropriate standard(s)
• Review of commercial Letters of Engagement ("LOE") to provide guidance and recommendations, to revenue earning business segments, on revenue recognition implications
• Preparation of balance sheet account reconciliations in line with SOX requirements
• Strict adherence with the SOX compliance process at all times
• Point of contact for the US based SOX team. Specifically; the provision of documentation, explanation of revenue entries and balance sheet reconciliations and handling SOX queries as part of periodic SOX testing
• Direct liaison with external auditors when necessary
• Other ad hoc support to the department as required
QUALIFICATION AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of revenue recognition rules and requirements under current US GAAP
• 2-4 years PQE (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Experience of performing the month-end close process either within industry or from an audit/review perspective
• Knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley environments
• Extensive experience of working to tight month-end deadlines
• Ability to prioritise
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to work in a team
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and analysis formulas
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
• Self-starter, confident with outgoing personality and highly professional approach to their Work
• Knowledge and / or proven experience of the new US GAAP revenue recognition standard, ASC 606. Alternatively, knowledge and / or proven experience of IFRS 15.
• Professional services experience
• Experience of working in a matrix organisation and dealing with European subsidiaries
£65-75K + 15% bonus + excellent benefits