Societies Manager - Universities
Our client is a social enterprise that connects with and recruits students across secondary, further and higher education in the UK for the likes of Nestle, Tesco, Channel 4, Three, KPMG and Cisco.
They work with over 5,900 schools and also have a network of Societies operating in Universities across the UK.
They are trusted by students and educators alike, with over 32 years experience working with young people and their influencers.
The Societies Manager plays a critical role in our clients delivery model as part of the University Relations Team. You support and co-ordinate our national network of committees that are the heart of the Societies in their respective universities.
Reporting to the Senior University Relationships Manager, your core responsibility is to ensure that the committees who run the Societies are engaged, motivated, skilled, and effective at running on campus marketing and events for our clients.
- Some travel
- On-going coaching and mentoring over email and phone
- Writing and delivering digital and face-to-face training
- Timely and informative reporting internally and to clients
- Growing in their capability over the year e.g. Ensuring each committee member is well trained, confident and motivated
- Using their systems to collect, access, promote, and manage their membership and event information
- Developing a diverse membership base and reaching across the university to different students
- Confident in planning and running great events and creating marketing strategies to ensure the best attendance at their activities
- Communicating marketing strategies to you so that you are confident of the activities happening on campus to support where needed, and can share best practice too
- Collaborating with their careers service, university stakeholders and other student groups
- Developing a strong understanding of their university landscape and students to best advise companies with engagement strategies
- Developing and owning contingency plans for their committee with a clear strategy for finding new committee members when needed and with a clear handover from one committee to another at the end of each academic year
Alongside this you will be a key member of our growing, entrepreneurial team, bringing a positive "can do" approach and practical insights on university life and graduate recruitment to the team and our clients.
Experience to be successful in this role:
- A strong track record of building successful relationships - in person and over the phone
- Understanding of the graduate recruitment marketplace and UK student culture
- Experience of coaching and mentoring others, preferably students, to deliver results
- Experience managing marketing campaigns targeting university students
- Experience of content marketing strategies within the university sector
- Experience and success in delivering events/campaigns in terms of appreciating the need to meet and exceed KPIs and working with drive to achieve that
Personal qualities that we believe are needed to be successful in this role:
- A passion for improving people’s lives - across our range of stakeholders from young people we help, the teachers in the schools, and our corporate clients
- A strong communicator with impact and influence who can build and maintain relationships
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and positively
- A self-starter, results driven, independent thinker, multi-tasker, who is motivated to succeed
- Able to work under pressure and operate in an agile environment
- Inquisitive and curious to identify issues and solve problems
- Ability to manage expectations with all stakeholders, as well as communicate clearly, considerately and pro-actively with your colleagues.
If you feel you have the experience and qualities we are looking for, then please apply now to Steve James, Goldstone Laine Recruitment