Accounts Payable Assistant
We are currently working with a market leading manufacturing business based in Chester. Due to expansion they are looking for an accounts payable assistant to join their existing accountancy function.
The successful international manufacturing are market leaders within their field as a result the high class products and services they provide to their ever-growing client base. An excellent opportunity has now arisen for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join their team.
The ideal Accounts Payable Assistant will have the following duties within the accountancy function:
- Matching, batching and coding multi-currency invoices inclusive of freight forwarding, PO and Non PO invoices
- Handles all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepares batch check runs and wire transfers.
- Assists with monthly closings.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying possible errors.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Managing employee expenses
- Posting of journals
- Multi-currency posting
- Produce ad hoc reports for management
We are looking for a candidate who have previous experience in an accounts payable role and:
- High volume processing of 2000 PCM
- Experience on a ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, Navision
- MS Excel Minimum of VLOOKUPS and Pivot tables
25 days holiday + bank holidays
On site Canteen
Flexible working hours