Business Development Manager - UK
Seda International Packaging Group is a highly successful packaging manufacturer. The Group has an annual turnover of £500 million and 1800 employees in 10 locations across Europe and a further facility in North America.
Seda UK based in Blackwood, Gwent, employs c350 people with an annual turnover of c£85 million. The site has enjoyed ongoing substantial investment operating on a 5 day, 24/5 operation in order to supply exceptional levels of customer service to its highly demanding customer base which includes food service, dairy and fmcg packaging.
As a result, the company is seeking to appoint an accomplished packaging/fmcg sales professional who can secure major new business within the UK and Ireland. He/she will have a strong focus on new business development and will ultimately be managing a business portfolio of £6-8 million. The successful candidate will enjoy positive and short lines of communication, strong technical support and input into strategic commercial decisions.
Key Customers in the company include McDonalds, Pret Coca Cola,Yeo Valley,Waitrose and KFC.
For further information about Seda UK please visit the company's web site
Business Development Manager
Sales & Marketing Director
The successful candidate will be based in the UK but must be prepared to spend 1 day per week in the South Wales facility and to travel as required.
- To effectively manage and maximise business from an allocated customer base.
- To generate new business opportunities by identifying target accounts and developing relationships, in order to secure new sales and margin enhancement opportunities
Internal - Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director the appointee will liaise closely with the company’s technical and manufacturing personnel on site, and with colleagues in the sales team, both internal and external, in order to ensure the achievement of his/her objectives. He/she will also liaise with sales and technical colleagues from other sites as required in order to achieve a unified customer approach and capture group synergies.
External - The Sales Manager will be responsible for liaising with and developing, multi-level contacts within the existing and target customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare and implement sales plans and initiatives
- To identify and develop new product and market areas and their conversion into sales.
- To develop new accounts within the specified territory/product family
- To ensure customers are fulfilling payment in line with contract terms and timeframe responsibilities.
- To maintain and develop effective customer relationships, at all levels.
- To achieve specific business, sales and financial objectives, in accordance with an agreed target, and to report regularly to the Sales & Marketing Director.
- To demonstrate sound economic judgement on the viability of new business.
- To keep abreast of customer needs and developments in order to ensure that the company’s products cater for current and future marketplace requirements.
- To effectively report to management both verbally and in writing
- To analyse and review competitor company and marketplace activity and report the relevance of these to the Sales & Marketing Director.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants will have achieved a good level of education, ideally to degree level and will currently be working in a sales, or business development capacity within the packaging/fmcg sector where he/she is a major contributor to new business development. The candidate will have experience of managing a team (dotted or solid line)
The appointee will be able to develop effective, multi-level contacts within the customer base, and demonstrate the commitment, ambition and determination to succeed in a rapidly developing business.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and electronic. Confident at presenting at board level
- Can demonstrate delivery of major new customer acquisition in National account arena
- Can demonstrate effective customer relationship building delivering significant business growth
- Detail in effective implementation of new customer concepts
- The credibility to influence customers and colleagues at all levels.
- Well developed negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Efficient planning and organisation skills.
- The ability to work under pressure with an analytical and problem solving approach to their work
- Commitment and determination to succeed - "Can Do" attitude.
Terms of Employment
A competitive negotiable salary will be offered, dependent on experience -( to £45K)
A bonus scheme is in operation, based on achievement of business and personal objectives. c.15%
A company car is provided.
A contributory pension scheme is in operation.
23 days - 2 extra service days + 8 statutory.
Three months by either party after 6 month probation period.