Principal Highway Design Engineer
Job Title: Principal Highway Design Engineer
Location: East Grinstead
Salary: £45K - £50K
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established civil engineering team within a vibrant business, and to take a prominent role within the team to work on major infrastructure projects. We are seeking candidates with significant postgraduate experience who are Chartered Engineers and have experience in the design of highway infrastructure. The successful candidate will lead project design teams in the highway engineering discipline.
1. Degree in civil engineering.
2. Chartered Engineer through the Institution of Civil Engineers.
3. Significant post graduate experience of civil engineering infrastructure and highway design.
4. Detailed experience in two or more of the following: road geometry, roadside features, drainage, pavement design, traffic signs or vehicle restraint systems.
5. Excellent knowledge DMRB requirements.
6. Experience of operating within quality management procedures.
7. Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects.
8. Experience of Highways England or local authority design and technical approval processes.
9. Full UK driving licence.
1. Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects.
2. Experience of the application of Bentley OpenRoads or similar highways design software.
1. Supervising and overseeing the work of project design team members including senior engineers, engineers and graduates.
2. Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of highway design solutions for major civil engineering works at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
3. Lead and develop teams of Graduates, Engineers and Technicians in preparing design solutions for civil engineering projects at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages
4. Programme, financial and technical responsibility for design services.
5. First point of contact for customers, contractors and other external organisations.
1. Good team player within a multi-disciplinary environment who enthusiastically takes ownership of tasks, taking them through to successful completion.
2. Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure when necessary.
3. Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
4. Ability to convey information accurately with attention to detail.
5. Keen to learn and develop new and existing skills.
6. Keen to progress career and take increased responsibilities.
7. Willingness to support graduate highway engineers in developing their own technical skills.
8. Ability to deal with clients in a friendly, efficient and effective way.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.