Well established solicitors based in Uckfield are currently seeking a probate assistant.
1) Preparation of all probate documentation to be generated through the probate case management system under the supervision of the Probate Manager. Such documentation will include:
- Initial correspondence to clients
- Letters to beneficiaries and executors and any other third parties
- Managing responses from third parties
- Preparation of probate papers
- Sending out correspondence to the probate registry
- Dealing with tax returns
- Account reconciliation
- Preparation of estate accounts
- Payments to residuary beneficiaries
2) To ensure the case management system is continually updated with client information to enable accurate probate documentation to be generated through the system
3) To set up new files and close completed files accurately and in accordance with the firm’s file management procedures
4) To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person, ensuring enquiries are either dealt with or passed to the Probate Manager without unnecessary delay
5) To undertake any other duties relating to probate work which from time to time may be allocated
Previous experience of working within a private client team is desirable and previous experience with probate matters would be a great advantage. Ideally someone education to degree level with an interest in a career in law.
Options Resourcing is acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we can only contact those who best suit the needs of our clients.