Client based in Bedford is currently looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager. You will be responsible for providing all customers and employees with a safe, secure and comfortable environment by maintaining the hotel’s assets through ongoing preventive maintenance programs.
• Maintains facilities and equipment by conducting inspections on a regular basis to determine need and extent of service, equipment required, type of operation, and maintenance needed.
• Operates with detailed check-list for daily and periodic checks of all areas to ensure a safe and functional plant
• Ensures adherence to applicable laws by meeting with government and insurance inspectors. Establish and maintain a good relationship with local authorities such as Fire Officers, Police and Environmental Health Inspectors.
• Keeps all mechanical, electrical, and structural blueprints and diagrams up to date; maintains library of part lists, maintenance manuals, reference books, catalogues, etc.
• Determines if work should be done internally or through external contractors
• Schedules maintenance team in accordance with plan
• Assigns work orders by priority, and delegates duties and supervises work
• Maintains logs and journals for all utilities, reviews meter readings and regulates controls
• Designs and supervises recycling programmes for aluminium, paper, plastic, glass, etc.
• Prepares the operating budget for engineering, recommends items to be included in the hotel’s capital budget, and insures adherence with approved budget
• Ensures all Risk Assessments are up to date and creates new where required.
• Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
• Screens, interviews and selects potential staff for the department
Desirable Skills -
Ideally Hotel background and have a specialist area e.g Electrics/Plumbing