Customer Research Manager
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
The CIPD Customer Experience (CX) department are looking for a Customer Research Manager to guide, develop and execute customer research, to inform and support customer experience activities within the CX department and across the CIPD. You will use and support others in using best practice customer research techniques to better understand and serve our members.
Key responsibilities -
- Develop and execute the CIPD’s customer research plan, managing the CIPD customer research budget and leading on customer interviews for customer journey mapping
- Follow best practice in questionnaire design to provide unbiased, actionable customer insights
- Prepare and disseminate customer research results, ensuring that conclusions are clearly and adequately supported by the data and that reports include sufficient information to enable reasonable interpretation of the validity of the results
- Work with the Customer Insight Analyst to compare customer self-reported behaviour with actual transactional data
- Provide training, governance and QA to ensure that 'DIY’ surveys sent out from across CIPD are logical, user friendly and well designed, and meet ethical and technical best practice
- Develop and maintain a bank of standard questions for use in CIPD research to ensure that data collected from surveys across the CIPD (and held in our CRM) is designed in such a way as to make the information work as a cohesive whole
- Work with colleagues from the CX department and across the business to develop a Voice of the Customer programme with customer insight and trends aggregated from all useful sources
- Provide expertise to other areas of the business
- Assist with CIPD's user research and user testing activities in support of CIPD’s online customer experience
- Provide support to CIPD’s human centered design framework in relation to in-depth customer research and testing
- Share customer research and insight to inform user/customer journeys, marketing strategies and communications and customer profiles
Knowledge, skills & experience -
- Of graduate calibre, the job holder will have knowledge and experience of market research methodology.
- Knowledge and experience of user experience research and testing (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of survey design best practice (essential)
- An understanding of sampling methods and their appropriate application within the CIPD (essential)
- Knowledge of Human Centred Design research methods (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of market research analysis (using statistical techniques)
- Excellent influencing and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong ability to communicate and disseminate complex information and knowledge to a variety of audiences
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to work as part of an agile team structure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click APPLY.
CIPD: valuing everyone as an individual!
The CIPD define diversity as valuing everyone as an individual - we value all our employees, customers and clients as people. Harnessing these differences creates a productive environment in which everybody feels valued, where their talents are fully utilised and organisational and personal goals are met.
We are committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible