Nursery Practitioner Level 3 527
Working as a level 3 Early years Practitioner in an outstanding day nursery
Duties and Responsibilities
Be a key person, to a small number of children; this involves providing a secure attachment figure to help children settle, meeting their care needs such as feeding, sleeping and nappy changes, planning for your key children’s
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Day Nursery.
- Work as part of the nursery team and assist in any duties required.
- Ensure that the recommended staff/child ratios are maintained at all times.
- Maintain a clean safe environment at all times and report any health and safety concerns to management team.
- Ensure records of the children’s day are completed and the details communicated to parents.
- Ensure supervision at mealtimes and all dietary requirements are adhered to.
- Availability to work in any areas of the Day Nursery undertaking the care and supervision of the children and in other areas of the nursery to ensure its smooth running
- Attend and participate in any further training programmes as required.
- Promote positive behaviour of children and within the staff team.
- Needs and interests and monitoring and supporting their development.
- Make observations on children and ensure learning journals are kept up to date.
- Actively participate in the planning of activities to suit the children’s needs and stages of development, supporting and promoting individual’s learning.
Skills and Experience
- Level 3 in Childcare
- Warm & friendly with a genuine smile for the children, parents & carers
- Trustworthy and confidential
Monday - Friday 40 hour week
Holiday -20 days per annum plus bank holidays and Christmas Closure
Nursery situated in large beautiful gardens, free on-site parking and uniform provided. A supportive work environment and ongoing training