Central London - Canary Wharf
We are looking to recruit a Accountant to work on a permanent basis for a market leading global business based in Central London - EC2.
The organisation is a global business information services, and media organisation who work within the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets. The Accountant is responsible for the delivery of high quality management reporting and controllership as part of the organisation's Enterprise Technology division.
- Monthly close activities for the areas including preparation and posting of journals, identification of accruals and prepayments and cost assurance activities to ensure that results are complete and accurate.
- Production of monthly management Profit and Loss reports including variance analysis for the business.
- Production of key supporting schedules for significant costs within the areas supported.
- Controllership of balance sheet accounts providing full commentary on movements and breakdown of balances for area supported in line with Corporate SOX guidelines.
- Presentation of P&L and Quarterly Balance Sheet pack to Business Finance.
- Provide support to Business Finance.
Technical Skills and qualifications required
- Part-Qualified Accountant e.g. ACCA / CIMA or equivalent
- Able to display experience in a commercial environment
- A self-starter able to work with changing priorities and time pressures
- Strong written and oral communication skills; proven ability to relate to all levels of management and both finance and non-finance staff
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative and investigative skills; ability to present complex data in a simplified and meaningful way
- Ability to apply knowledge and creativity to resolve standard and complex issues
- Highly proficient with Excel at an Intermediate level.
What's on Offer?
- Full time position Monday to Friday
- 25 days annual leave
- Company and personal bonus scheme
- A host of flexible benefits including, health care, dental, childcare vouchers, gym membership etc.
- The opportunity to develop a career for a prestigious and market leading global organisation