General Manager - Precision Engineering
My client is a global successful Precision Engineering firm who is looking to appoint a new General Manager to ensure the business is managed effectively and targets and objectives are met.
The General Manager is responsible for ensuring the organisation is managed effectively to meet targets set by the Directors' and to develop and implement the ongoing strategy of improvements within the organisation.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to negotiate and deal with major customer accounts, ensuring standards are maintained to the highest level at all times.
The General Manager will responsible for the day to day operational management of the organisation and monitoring performance against agreed/set targets. In addition, you will be responsible for the overall output of the production department therefore a background within engineering along with an understanding engineering drawings is required.
Guiding and managing the current management team in place will also be a key part of this role, providing relevant training, supervision and team leadership as required.
Ensure all legislative and regulatory requirements are complied within all aspects of the organisation. With overall responsibility for ensuring that QA Manager is maintaining all that is required of the company.
Co-ordinate and develop the overall strategy for the continued improvement of the organisation (particularly with regard to turnover and output). Ensure that the organisation maintains high standards of service (particularly lead times of product and lead times of quotations).
- Self motivator /starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to lead and motivate a strong management team
- Organised, assertive and capable of working on own initiative
- Show commitment to continual improvements
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Confident and professional when dealing with customers
- Trained and experienced in precision engineering to an HNC level or equivalent skills and experience would be desirable
- A good working understanding of engineering/ISO standards and specifications relating to purchased and manufactured parts is desirable, as is experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing or similar
- Relevant background within manufacturing engineering essential
- Experience within precision engineering highly desirable
You will be a confident and experienced manufacturing professional who is ready to take your career to the next level with a highly successful global firm.
An excellent salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Please feel free to call direct for further information if you wish.