Senior Geotechnical Engineer - AMP6
Job Title: Senior Geotechnical Engineer - AMP6
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: £40K - £50K
This is a key position contributing to various frameworks in the UK water industry for AMP6, especially Thames and Southern Water, but also contributing to wider global expertise and workload.
1. Produce Geotechnical reports for ground investigations, including Geotechnical sections, data arrangement and interpretation, and drafting report text.
2. Provide analysis of Geotechnical structures, including slope stability, retaining walls and foundations
3. Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques.
4. Liaise with clients and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
5. Travel to other internal offices and client sites as required.
6. Provide technical assistance to staff, including training within specific areas of responsibility and expertise as required.
7. Review the work of others and remaining focused on important priorities.
8. Mentor less senior members of the team and undertake annual reviews as appropriate.
9. Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements.
10. Assist with the preparation of expressions of interest and proposals as required.
11. Act as engineer's representative to ensure the works are completed in accordance with the contract documents.
1. Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Geotechnical Engineering, Geology or other relevant subject.
2. An experienced member or fellow of a relevant engineering institution e.g. ICE.
3. Substantial experience in Geotechnical Engineering including within the water industry
4. Business development experience.
5. Ability to integrate into a team and provide technical leadership.
6. Experience in the management of staff and staff development.
7. Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
8. Excellent client service focus.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.