Michael Page are recruiting for a Communications Officer on behalf of a globally recognised distribution company in Worcestershire - this position is a 9 month fixed-term contract. Provide a coordinated and proactive approach across the site in terms of employee engagement and communications. To be responsible for ensuring the delivery and control of communications, from and within depot.
My client is a globally recognised UK distribution company.
- Manage site communications across all formats and media. Ensure the communication zones, and communication boards including the site's Pride Wall are correctly managed and information is accurate and up to date. Ensure key messages are seen.
- Event Management; Responsible for the ideas and delivery of events on site such as Christmas activities and CSR initiatives. Develop and implement the site Corporate Social Responsibility strategy, activities and culture, and ensure committee meetings take place and are productive. Liaise with local school/community groups and ensure committee and site get involved with activities to support the school and give back to local community.
- Manage and coordinate committee groups on site, and ensure communication of and from these groups is shared to all on site. Examples include H&S committee, Employee Forum, Charity committee, social committee.
- Manage on-site schemes and initiatives to encourage an engaged culture. Management of employee recognition scheme Shining Stars; review nominations on a monthly basis with OM/GM, and administer awards and letters recognising colleagues achievements.
- Excellent influencing, motivation and communication skills
- Able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess a strong will and persuasive manner which is used to proactively engage across all levels at site
- Maintain/improve site EOS results
- Be self-motivated, able to use own initiative to define and drive site specific actions processes, and to make decisions
My client is paying c£25k per annum