Assistant Accountant - Banbury. £16,000 - £20,000.
Our client is looking for a bubbly, upbeat Accounts Assistant to join their high-spirited team.
The office is run with a couple of others but you'll interact with everyone from the firm, so personality is also key!
The perfect candidate is someone who's easy going, has a bright personality and can do the job efficiently. You'll have at least one year’s experience in accounts and would be starting on/working towards an AAT.
The working hours are 7.30am to 4.30pm.
Because of how remote the location is, it would be an advantage to have a car.
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
- Reconciling tills/invoices/credit cards from the previous day.
- Credit Control - Review and Control the sales ledger - daily chasing and reporting to relevant departments.
- Carry out credit checks on new customers/
- To work alongside the Purchase Ledger Clerk to ensure all invoices are on the accounts system in a timely manner.
- Analysis and posting of monthly company credit cards.
- Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Reconciliations of ledgers to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Prepare bank deposits and general ledger postings - change order and banking.
- Archiving for all departments when required.
- Assist the accounts manager and the finance director with any other duties required.
- All activities are to be carried out with a clear commercial objective.
- General duties to the company as required by the company.
- To deal with customers, colleagues and visitors in a helpful and friendly way.
- Importantly, enjoy your job!
While we appreciate the time and effort you put into submitting your application, due to the volume of applications we receive we will only be able to contact applicants who move into phase two of the application process.